As an Insomnia Specialist and a Certified CBT for Insomnia Clinician, I work within the emerging discipline of behavioural sleep medicine (BSM). BSM is a fast growing speciality in the United States, within the profession of sleep medicine.
After earning an Honours degree at University College Dublin and a Post-graduate Certificate in Education at Brunel University London, I became a teacher. I taught mainly in the UK, New Zealand and Australia. While in Australia, I trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, gaining an Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (with distinction) and a Diploma in Behavioural Psychology (with distinction).
I now specialise in treating insomnia using CBTi (cognitive behavioural therapy for insomnia). My qualifications, trainings and professional development in CBTi and sleep psychology include the following:
-Certified CBTi Clinician (certified by Dr. Gregg Jacobs ( a major developer of CBTi while a researcher at
Harvard Medical School)
-CBTi Masterclass (Sleep & Circadian Neuroscience Institute, University of Oxford)
-Certified Sleep Science Coach (National Exercise & Sports Trainers’ Association, USA)
-Postgraduate Certificate in Insomnia in Adults. Sleep in Adult Psychiatry (Faculty of Medicine, Tech Technological University)
-Certification in Sleep Psychology (Australian Psychological Society)
My professional affiliations are:
· Member, British Sleep Society
· Member, Society of Counseling Psychology (American Psychological Association)
· Member, Society for Health Psychology (American Psychological Association)
· Member, International Association of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
· Fellow, Buteyko Professionals International. The Buteyko Method is leading and most researched method
of breathing retraining.