My name is Danniella and I am the founder of The Highly Flavoured Kitchen!
I am a 35-year-old mother to two daughters. In 2015, after 1 year of suffering the most excruciating pain I have ever felt in my life daily, I was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, a widespread chronic pain illness which is incurable. I had to stop working, I couldn’t walk without
crutches or someone accompanying me, I could cook, clean my house or even dance to the
music I loved so much anymore, my life had been taken away from me. I began to get depressed
and due to being confined to my house, I began to read up on meditation, mindfulness, natural
remedies, alkaline diets from Dr Sebi and ancient medicine such as Ayurveda that promotes the
use of essential oils and herbs and plant medicine. That was when I discovered my love for
essential oils. I started with buying Lavender for the nights I could not sleep from the pain,
Frankincense to burn when I was meditating and Eucalyptus, known for its anti-inflammatory
properties. I added it to my daily moisturiser and my bath. I noticed the effects straight away, so I started an online course in aromatherapy and got my level 2 certificate, qualifying me to use essential oils for minor illnesses. I then started to make my own different pain relief blends for myself, my family and close friends that I knew, like myself at the time, were relying on
pharmaceutical drugs daily to relieve pain.
As we all know the Covid-19 pandemic completely turned our lives and 2020 upside, the plans I
had to start my massage course were cancelled and we were instructed to stay at home and
avoid people until further notice. I could not focus or concentrate and started to lose my
motivation and aspirations for life in general. Bad news flooded in daily from every direction and
the daily death toll statistics had me suffocating from anxiety.
One day my niece came to visit me to bake some brownies and I decided to add some of my
Spirulina, Moringa and CBD to the mixture as I had now developed the habit of adding them to
my foods on a regular basis.
Also known as ‘Moringa oleifera’ is a plant that grows in tropical and subtropical climates like
India, Asia and Africa and is known to have.
* 7 times more vitamin C than oranges
* 15 times more potassium than bananas
* Packed full of antioxidants, which protect cells from damage and boost the immune system,
* Packed full Calcium, Protein, Iron and Amino Acids which aid the body in the healing process
and help to build muscle.
* Reduce pain due to being Anti-inflammatory
* Anticancer properties
* Improves blood sugar
* Lowers cholesterol
Said to have been consumed by the Aztecs, Spirulina is an algae that grows within fresh water and salt water
* Extremely rich in nutrients
* Great source of Protein, Copper, Magnesium, Iron & Potassium
* Great source of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids
* Rich source of Amino Acids (said to contain all the amino acids your body needs)
* Powerful Antioxidant (protects cells)
* Powerful Anti-inflammatory
* Reduce Pain Phycocyanin (the main active compound is Spirulina) fights free radicals (harmful cells) and blocks the molecules that cause inflammation I had been using after a discussion with a close friend and family members, I was encouraged to bake and share my products as they were not only healthy and could lift peoples moods but were extremely tasty too! The was born out of a combination of ideas, lockdown, boredom, reclaimingfreedom, and stability and doing something I love as I have been baking since I was 12 years
I am so happy to share my natural oil blends and food recipes to heal the world and get back to using nature to aid us in living a holistic lifestyle. Maintaining a healthy and balanced mind, body and soul will allow us to live a complete lifestyle, not free from illness but free from relying on pharmaceutical drugs with heavy side effects and the choice for an alternative solution. Today I am not free from any of my illnesses as they are incurable but my flare up have reduced Significantly, I was told my body could not handle the pressure of carrying a baby and giving birth
so my pregnancy was high risk all throughout which was really scary and stressful but my baby
girl was born healthy and strong and I am a testimony for the holistic power of essential oils. I
always urge everyone to have a few bottles in the house and I look forward to you experiencing
the benefits of choosing to start your wellness journey with me! xxx